Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bummin' 'Round Bangkok

Well I finally was able to get out see some sights around Bangkok today. I took a water canal taxi to the stop before the Golden Palace. Bangkok is full of people around the sites that want to tell you that this or that temple is closed because of some unannounced Buddhist holiday. They want to take you here or there. Basically they want to drive you around and you pay them more than normal for nothing at all. The temples are really neat. You have to take your shoes of before you can enter. The water canal is crazy. I had to stand there for a bit and let a few go by to see how it worked. Below is a video of the process.



Here are the pictures of the temples.


Created with flickr slideshow.



So if there are any children reading this stop now. The following isnt for their ears. This morning a guy staying in my room rolled in around 7AM from partying all night. He started snoring right away and I tried to get back to sleep. After 30 min I finally decided to just get up for the day. I went to the common room for about an hour before heading back to my room to brush my teeth. Well I could hardly get the door open. I kept pushing it trying to get it. I finally got it open far enough to see what was blocking it. The dude had fallen out of his bed and the door was hitting his head. His feet were still on the bed though. Also my pretty sure he had wet himself because his pants were all went in the front. I havent seen him yet nor have I went back to my room. I talked to a few guys who were with him at the club and they said they had to carry him back. Nice story huh. Well tomorrow Im going to pick up my visa for Vietnam. I still havent booked a flight yet. Im not sure when Im leaving. Probably Friday. Im over Bangkok. I need to get to the beach. Cheers...

1 comment:

  1. Jared,,,WOW those are beautiful temples. The water taxis looked like they went fast. Your room mate sounded like he was hungup. Keep posting.
    Stafe safe
    We love you,
    Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete