Friday, January 8, 2010

T-Minus 21 Hours

The time has finally come to get back on the road. As I'm sitting at my friend Luke's apartment in Aurora, CO, freezing my ass off because his landlord is too cheap to just replace his dinosaur of a furnace, I can't help but think that in 2 in a half days I will be soaking up the Thai sun with a beer in hand. I am so excited that I will be walking around in one of the busiest cities of the world and see, smell, and hear everything that makes SE Asia so exotic and mysterious to Westerners. I tried to pack as light as I could since everything will be so cheap there. But somehow, like always, I tend to over pack a bit. Overall I think I do a good job of traveling light. I am supposed to arrive in Bangkok at 1:30 AM on Jan 11. Crazy to think that I lose almost 2 days even though the total flight is 20 some hours. SE Asia is 13 hours ahead of us. So I have to find a cab to my hostel in Bangkok when I arrive. I was offered a job at that hostel to work the front desk in exchange for a free room. But they wanted me to stay there 2 weeks to make it beneficial to them. I only plan on being in Bangkok just long enough to get my Visa for Vietnam which should be no more than 4-5 days. After I have that then I am off to Vietnam. I'm not sure if I will go to Ho Chi Minh City in the south and go north or go to Hanoi and work south. That leg really dictates the rest of my travels. Well that's all for now. I have to finish up some laundry and pack since I won't be able to do it tomorrow morning. Its my friend Zoey's bday today so we are going to a comedy club to celebrate tonight. The shuttle will be here at 6 AM. 5:30 is going to come real early. Good thing I will have plenty of time to sleep. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. J, Travel well. Don't eat anything I wouldn't. I'll be tuning in for the photo jounalism. Beware of the peppers and anyone with lumpy looking underwear. Bangcock dangerous, baby. Peace, RonB

    ReplyDelete